Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Beth's Essentials

Over the summer I began my most current obsession. I refer to it as my ancient apothecary. However, Jared calls me a mad scientist. In actuality, it is a study of the strength and benefits of essential oils in beauty and cosmetic products. Concieved while searching for secrets to healthy hair and piqued by my interest in the Roman bathes we visited over the summer (a place where many of these oils were originally used) I stumbled upon a new world filled with tonics, oils, and body mists fit for a mediterranean princess. I've been experimenting with different scents such as: Frankinsence, Jasmine, Carrot Seed, Rosemary, Myrrh, Tea Tree, Orange, etc. and have found great pleasure as I create a skin care line that is essentially mine. Don't worry, I'm not going crazy and I'm not trying to find the fountain of youth (but if I do, I might be willing to divulge...) It's just a hobby I've found a lot of enjoyment in and wanted to share with my friends. My current creations include: a Frankincense, Lavendar, and Rosemary face wash; an Aloe, Myrrh, Carrot Seed, and Cedarwood toning mist; and a Carrot Seed, Myrrh, and Lavendar moisturizer; a rejuvenating hair tonic; a moisturizing cuticle oil; and various other massage oils. Jared endures my experiments as he is my patient subject during the "clinical trials" of my products. I guess being a guiney pig is not so bad when you get a free massage. I hope to share some of my successes and failures ( hopefully not too many of the latter) with you on my blog as I try to design something natural, beautiftul, and Essentially Beth.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I wondered when you were going to join the band wagon. I'm so excited! It's the best way to keep in touch. You're so cute with your oils. Sounds like fun!

aisha said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! Nice job on your blog!

Anonymous said...

Missed you guys at Thanksgiving in Gridley. Heard you came over to my parent's right after we'd left. Darn it. I had called Rita's earlier to see if it was a good time to visit but Clay said you were about to eat. Maybe we'll see each other next time you come into G town!

austin and cherisse said...

there we go i found you guys, in a round about way. i found jay and kristen, then nicole and now you guys. we still have not made it up there but when we do we will get together, if you come down let us know. take care.